Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fast Fix Friday {Better Late Than Never}: M's Easy Crock Pot Ribs

So sorry I didn't post a Fast Fix Friday, again.  I'm making up for it now, trust me you will love this recipe. I was in Houston over the weekend with my girl friends from high school, for a wedding.  And if you were wondering...I had a wonderful time! 

Ok on to the recipe.



M's Easy Crock Pot Ribs

One rack of baby back ribs
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Mustard
1/4 C Paprika
1/4 C + 2 tsp Chili Powder
2 Tbls Salt
1 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 C BBQ Sauce
1/4 C Apricot Preserves


Place ribs in Crock Pot (cut in half to fit if necessary)
In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients together except bbq sauce and apricot preserves.  
Pour spice mixture over ribs making sure it has covered all of the meat.
Cook ribs on high for about 3-4 hours.
(Rotate top and bottom ribs once during cook time if you had to cut them in half, making sure there is still good coverage of that spice mixture on the meat...because it's sooooo good.)
Remove ribs and place on a foil covered cookie sheet.
OK now for the glaze. 
Mix together bbq sauce and apricot preserves in a bowl and brush mixture on ribs (get lots of that goodness on there).
Place on heated grill or broil in the oven.  
Grill or broil ribs for a few minutes then flip them over brush with glaze again and grill or broil.
Remove ribs from grill or oven and DONE.  
DELICIOUS! I'm tellin ya.

Ok one last thing that doesn't have anything to do with Ribs but it's really fabulous! The Graphics Fairy is bragging about Addy's Nest Onesie tomorrow. YAY! When I found out I about peed my pants. I kept saying "Whoa, whoa, whoa"! It's very flattering and I'm so excited, can you tell? Ok I'm off to bed. Don't forget to check out The Graphics Fairy.

No comments: