Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cornice Box Help and the Sliding Glass Window Treatment Trick




I've had a few requests for more info on the Cornice Box I put up in my kitchen.  I was going to type it all out for you but, hey Design Gal has already done that for us.  She's pretty freakin great! I love her.  So click on her name up there for detailed instructions with pictures and everything.  She has wonderful tricks, like hot gluing and using an existing curtain rod to hold up the box.  So clever.  Thanks Design Gal.

Now the sliding glass doors in my kitchen have been a thorn in my side. I would leave them bare but unfortunately we live in close proximity to other people. Don't you agree that it's creepy looking out into the black night, wondering if your neighbors are checking out your life?  So here's my cheap fix.



Roller shades. Two mounted over each side has done the job nicely, with some sheer panels for softness.  Now we have privacy at night and can roll the shades out of sight during the day.


1 comment:

Gwen said...

Looks really great Mindy!